Wednesday 10 June 2009

Taken some time out to reflect on this blog.........

as i have not been happy with the overall make up of it for some time, and i also find the updating of it a chore at times............ it was different previously when i was punting/trading full time the blog acted as a decent extra buffer of discipline and i had plenty of time on my hands to update on a regular basis but thesedays with a full time job that takes up a considerable chunk of my time the last thing i want to do is log on to a lap top when i get home to update my daily p/l and record the days events..........

But the biggest downside to my blog this time is the non reporting or disclosure of my betting in respect of what i regard as the premier advisory service that is around namely ............ Mark Holder. I contacted all my services at the start of the year and mentioned to them that i was going to re start my blogging, at the time MH had recently gone private with no new members being taken on and no advertising in the sporting press, this decision has been vindicated as the results since "going underground" have been the best i have known in my 12 year subscription to the service, and they had been pretty decent anyway with a profit recorded every single year i have been a member.
Mark asked me not to mention the bets or service at all in my blog, there was no heavy handiness or threats just a polite request........... unlike had been the case with a another service in the early days of the £30k challenge !!! I was disappointed but i respected his request and his reasoning made sense so i have not reported his bets or comments from the daily messages. This has obviously distorted my figures as my profits from the service have been subtancial (in relative terms !!, im not typing this in my second home in Bermuda.......).
But lets take a recent race we played in;

Two selections;

I play to £100/pt the lay on HORSE B should have been £75 fortunately at the time, my balance on Betfair accomodated precisely a £65 lay so i felt that was near enough and did not bother deposting a small balance to take it up to the £75 mark.

HORSE A £42 ew @ 17/2 LOST -£84
£65 ew @ 13/2 LOST -£130
LAYED £32 @ 6.69 WON +£32

HORSE B £55 ew @ 17/2(BOG) WON +£561
£45 ew @ 17/2(BOG) WON +£459
LAYED £65 @ 6.88 LOST -£382.20

Overall profit on race £455.80

This was not reported by me, yes i could mask it under a fictitious bet elsewhere but whats the point ?? The only surprising thing is that its taken me this long to come to the conclusion that enough is enough and to concentrate on my punting,work and other leisure activities and curtail the blog.

So thanks for the enquiries especially over the last couple of days, and be lucky !!!

http://www.vsrcm.com/ http://www.optimumracing.co.uk/

On the day i decide to pull the curtain down on this.............. Optimum advise 2pts ew on Rosewin 3.00 Beverley a 5/1 winner hopefully the fightback has begun !!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi mate,

really hope you do update from time to time, This has been a great blog and as i mentioned to you way back in december, when you were starting up again, that your's was the first blog i ever read, It has inspired me to do what you do to a smaller level.

I don't know if you remember? but i asked for your advice a good while ago regarding mark holders service, and the email i received was very honest, informative and helpful. And yes i do agree, mark holder is a great judge and tipster.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for all your hard work, honesty, humour and knowledge you have brought me through your blog, And for that i will always be grateful.

If this is going to be your last post? I wish you all the success in the future years ahead.

Thanks again

james

David said...

Hi Dirk, I for one am sad that you have decided to call it a day as i have greatly enjoyed your blogs and feel like have grown to know you. And you are right about Mark Holder. Since he has gone exclusive he is probably having his best year..and that is saying something! Take care and be lucky
Dave(Ezra) Cheltenham