Friday 27 February 2009

£10 ew trixie .................

thats what i wanted to get on, the selections were ................ 2.30 Taunton Summery Justice, 3.30 Taunton Cast Cada & 4.30 Taunton Postmaster, my first port of call as always was Stan James the only bookie around that will lay me half a decent bet, but upon logging on all i was getting was "No more retries, please contact customer services", now this always poses a problem as my accounts are in the name of Mrs Diggler and as hard as i try im no Mrs Doubtfire and my female voice is more Arthur Mullard than Lorraine Chase, so i have to rely on the email to sort problems out. My next port of call was Paddy Power as they offer BOG but they would only let me back them in singles !!! so Laddies was next and i was allowed 75 PENCE EW DOUBLES & A 50 PENCE EACH WAY TREBLE !!! At work we were one man down and i was lucky to get out of the room for a pee, a walk to the bookies was out of the question, yes i could have got a mate to place for me but i decided to curse the industry that employs me and sulk !!! Thank fuck Postmaster did not not win thats all i can say !!!

The Stan James problem was resolved later that afternoon, Stan James UK, Stan James GIBRALTER & Bet Direct have completed their merger and Stan James Gibralter now is the daddy, as i had accounts with all three but different usernames/passwords they had reset my account and sent me an email to a rarely used email address informing me of this, i only mention this just in case any of you experience problems

Now on the punting front today was good, when i could get on that is ! OPTIMUM put up Shake the barley in the Taunton 4.00 @ 10/3, my inability to get on with SJ was not a factor here as Laddies let me have a max stake of £75 on this at the price, which was handy as thats all i wanted. VSR put up Cast Cada in the 3.30 Taunton, well this was a bet i was happy with, a decent judge from the west country was not keen on the fav Gullible Gordon and aftertiming Diggler here now thinks i should have had some on for my personal account, but i nabbed the 7/2, with Cast Cada proving successful @ 2/1.

Decent words received for winners Summery Justice, Alvino and Samsons Son could have made this a day to remember but no good harking on about what COULD have happened, i had a nice winning day and my SJ account is all up n running now, perhaps i could do with another alias preferably male but most of my avenues in this respect has been used up, although i do have outlets from mates i prefer to be hands on and in total control ! The exchanges have their uses but the races i like to play are the uncompetitive races that lend themselves to EW punting and the exchanges are no help here, as they offer odds that are nearer the mark than the place terms with traditional bookies.

I am having a look at a service called the Bet Plan http://thebetplan.com/ , run by the most approachable and helpful Harry, early stages so far, no fireworks but my £500 bank has shown an increase to £613.72, my stakes are 5% of my bank, which is the upper end of his recommendation (3-5%) but the service does include a useful trading application

THURSDAY

OPTIMUM

4.00 Taunton SHAKE THE BARLEY £75 win (3pts) @ 10/3 WON +£250

VSR

3.30 Taunton CAST CADA £25 ew (1/2 pt) @ 7/2 WON +£109.38

No comments: