Saturday 7 February 2009

a small profit on the day.............

no account bets but played in a couple of races on infomation received. Got a call early doors telling me that all the right faces where backing Devotee in the UAE 1000 guineas every price was getting knocked over, i managed to get £100 @ 11/10 within an hour i layed £50 @ 1.70 giving me £50 @ 6/4, the horse was backed as if defeat was out of question............. what a shock her backers had, as her action went as soon as she was asked to pick up, hopefully its nothing too serious.
My only other bet was on the back of Optimums message, although no account bet, Andrew was keen on Limerick Boy in the hunters chase from Bangor. My bet although successful had me questioning my staking plan as i invested £60 @ 2.72, just short of 2.5pts on my staking plan with Optimum, so although not an account bet i had more on Limerick Boy than i may have had on an actual account bet !! which for me didnt make sense, i do try to be disciplined in my betting and staking, my concerns in respect of staking faded as the selection was successful with Limerick Boy winning comfortably at 6/5.

FRIDAY

PERSONAL TRADING

4.25 Bangor LIMERICK BOY £60 @ 2.72 WON +£100.10
6.15 Nad al Sheba DEVOTEE £100 @ 11/10 Lay £50 @ 1.70 lost -£51.50

No comments: